Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The start of a new day...

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his, good, pleasing and perfect will.


This morning I began reading a book I had had on my shelf for well over a year , Crazy Love.  I must say I've never been spoken to so directly.  For the first time in a long time, I feel a stirring in my inner soul.  I've been at a point of spiritual stagnation for so long - too long.  Every so often, I feel a stirring that I push aside and ignore it.  How stupid am I to think I can push off God? And yet, how grateful I am that He is still there and He is still working on me.  It is time for these dry bones to rise up and walk.  It is time for the water I am in to boil.  It is time for me worship the God of the universe.  


So came the energy bursting forth to write it down.  I thought blogging my thoughts of how He is speaking to me - of how He is transforming and renewing my mind would be best.   A following of readers or not, I will still be here.  I have thought of blogging before, but honestly the thought of coming up with something significant to say is paralyzing.  I know that regardless of how tiny or incomplete my thoughts are they are significant because they are the workings of God.  Bear with me as I figure out blogging and the fancy formats.  I hope if you are reading that you too are being blessed through the workings of God in my own life.  


For today I am posting a link to Crazy Love.  www.crazylovebook.com  In the first chapter of reading there was a reference to watch the "Awe Factor" video.  We are a tiny speck in His greatness.  I am reminded of "be still and know that I am God" Ps 46:10.  Being still and standing in awe is something I don't often take time for.  I've been blessed to live in Colorado Springs at this time.  I look out my window daily at greatness and truly, "purple mountains majesty indeed".  I've always been drawn to the mountains.  I have always felt His power and His presence.  What a blessing to have it staring at me every day.  Truly awesome.  But how quick I am to forget and move quickly past the window without recognition.  In the book Crazy Love, Francis Chan writes " In our world, where hundreds of things distract us from God, we have to intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Him."  


Ok...screaming and crying coming from my 3 blessings....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for you in my life! I'm even more grateful for your heart so soft and open to the Holy Spirit's leading. I'm thrilled that you have started this blog...and really love your three blessings...even when they are screaming and crying!

    Love,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete