Praise God that He is still working on me! I am ashamed to say that, years back when I started this online public journaling of how the Holy Spirit was moving in me I got to moment where He continued to reveal an area of my life where I have been silent. And like I have almost always done, I failed to respond. In fact, I stopped journaling altogether. I am hoping that this time I will respond and work through the hard stuff for His glory.
He blessed me richly and I was surrounded by such awesome Christian brothers in sisters while I lived in Colorado. I mentally battled through much of the deeper parts of me, but see now that I tried to do all the work. I - not Him.
Another move. A big move. I am starting again in a new town with my husband halfway around the world. It is easy for me right now to become mechanical about my daily life. I am in survival mode. But it pains me to let more time pass. To waste away the days that I need to be deeper in the movings of the Holy Spirit in my life. Who knows that this move is for the purpose to isolate me to a place for such a time as this. A place to find the beauty of God where it is not as obvious me. I love the mountains. Always have, especially having grown up in the Smokies. And my new home is far from my last location in the Rocky Mountains. I want to make good use of this special time of my life to see His power in more than just the landscape He created. I want to feel and see His power in hearts changed - my heart. And while my location is not resort-like, He has moved me in the vicinity of family who love me regardless. My family will see to it that I am not entirely isolated. I want to start anew and get back to the habitual pleasure of journaling that God is alive and and how I seem Him working around and in and through me. Please pray for me as I open the door for the work of the Spirit.
I love these song lyrics & pray them over my home.
Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory God is what my heart longs for.
Lord, when I am in your presence un-do me. Make all things new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbiXtC0EZQU
No comments:
Post a Comment